Best ways to protect your home from Radiation
If you're not ready to completely get rid of wireless gadgets, you can at least reduce your family's radiation by the following:
- Try to not use their cell phone in house
- Put your cell phone in ‘airplane mode’, or even better, turn it off. Simply only turn it on to check messages or make a quick call and then turn it back off. Keep it for emergencies. If your cell phone is on, it emits radiation continually (to you and everyone within 10 feet of you), even when you are not actually making a call.
- Children should NEVER EVER use cell phones: Save someone is dying, children should not use a cell phone, or a wireless device of any type. Children are more injured by cell phone radiation than adults because of our thinner skull bones, more water in our heads and our small size - we're like antennas.
- Use a corded phone at home. That’s right, the retro phones with twirly cords between the handset and the phone where you dial. Cordless phones can have even stronger radiation than cell phones – do you want one of these in your house?
- If you must use a cordless phone, use the older kind that operates at 900 MHz. They are not safer during calls, but at least many of them do not broadcast constantly even when no call is being made. Also, make sure there are at least three rooms between the base station (where the phone rests and recharges) and where you sleep and spend most of the time in the day.
- Diminish or halt using other wireless devices: like iPads, bluetooth, Wii, Nintendo. If you have an iDevices, you can turn off the wireless and then it's a little safer to use: Main menu -> settings -> Airplane Mode -> turn Airplane Mode ON option. Also, make sure you've turned off the WiFi on your computer.
- Keep laptops away from the body and don’t use a laptop while it rests on the lap. Sit back from computer monitors and screens as much as possible. Of course, do not use a wireless keyboard, or wireless mouse either. If you have a laptop, then get a separate corded mouse and corded keyboard, since most of the radiation from a laptop comes from the keyboard and mouse pad. Lastly, only work off of your battery and do not use laptop when charging.
- Use your cell phone only where reception is good. For example, the weaker the reception, the more power your phone must use to transmit, and the more power it uses, the more radiation it emits, and the deeper the dangerous radio waves penetrate into your body. Ideally, you should only use your phone with full bars and good reception.
- Don’t believe that one cell phone is safer than another: Please understand that there’s still no such thing as a ‘benign’ cell phone.
- Keep your cell phone away from your body when it’s on: The most dangerous place to be is within about six inches of the emitting antenna. You do not want any part of your body within that area. And if you're pregnant, well, you get the picture…
- Use safer headset technology: Wired headsets will certainly allow you to keep the cell phone farther away from your body. However, if a wired headset is not well-shielded (and most of them are not) the wire itself acts as an antenna, transmitting radiation directly to your brain. Make sure that the wire used to transmit the signal to your ear is shielded. The best kind of headset to use is a combination of shielding wire and air tube headset. These operate like a stethoscope, transmitting the information to your head as an actual sound wave (not microwave); this way, there is no wire that goes all the way up to your head.
- Keep all electronic devices like alarm clocks, radios and cordless phones out of your room during sleep. Also, don’t just put our computers to ‘sleep’ mode, shut them down completely.
- Avoid electric blankets, waterbeds, metal bed frames, metal springs/ coils because they all conduct electromagnetic energy into your body.
Things you can do today:
- Windows: These can be screened with one of the three different types of material, which, carefully fitted, stop up to 98% of incoming radiation.
- Walls: Walls and ceilings can be carefully painted with special carbon paint. One coat stops over 98% of the incoming microwave radiation. The paint is organic, water based, and can be painted over with ordinary emulsion paint of your chosen colour.
- Beds: You can also purchase bed canopies, in 3 sizes, for single, double or king-size beds, which are easily and quickly fixed in place. They are made of the silver plated bobbinet material and prevent up to 98% of incoming microwave radiation from reaching the sleeping person.
- Personal protection: EMF blocking hats can give you personal protection from pulsed microwaves in the home, garden, and out and about in town. You can get baseball caps, hoodies and other headgear that is lined with radiation-shielding fabric. Blocking patches or blocking wallets if you must carry a cell phone on you.